Monday, November 9, 2009

What a week!

I cannot believe that it has been a week since I posted last, but it has been very busy and have the week has flown by.
We had an amazing time in Kochi. We taught at the S.O.E.P school(school of evangelism and pioneering) . There were around 12 students and we had a great time together. Rob did most of the teaching in the morning, and I would teach , do worship and minister in the evening. We were able to get to know the students very well. It was great to build the relationships with them. They were so humble and so greatful to us for coming to teach them. I can honestly say that I will never forget their faces or their names for the rest of my life. I made 12 new friends from across the world this week.
We had a day off on saturday and we went to the "beach". I was quite surprised to find about 10 km of beach and about 3-4 foot waves with 85 degree water! It started to rain , so Rob and I just embraced it, and body surfed the day away. We followed an amazing day in the water , by eating a fabulous meal overlooking the sea. It was a much needed break after a very long , busy week.

Sunday we went to a church about an hour from the base in the heart of a village. Usually those churches are around 10 people, but this one had 40! I preached on Matt 6:19, and 33 about our treasure in heaven and seeking Him first. There were many "hallelujahs" and "praise the lords". It was awesome. We were definitely shown honor from the pastor and all of the beautiful people there. After a cup of chai with the pastor and his family we were off to the base for a quick lunch and to pack for the airport.
We arrived last night in Hyderabad. We knew we were going to meet with 2 of the national leaders today, but we ended up speaking and doing worship for all 20 of the national leaders of YWAM India! God totally opened the door for this, and it went really well. The connections were making for Harvest Frontier and personally are priceless. God is working in so many ways.

We will be here today and tomorrow before we leave on an overnight train tomorrow night to Arangabad.( I am pretty sure my spelling is way off)....

Please pray that we will be able to finish strong. We are both a little worn, but everytime God does something, we feel revived and fired up to keep going.

Thank you for your prayers and your support, and I will try and post a couple of more times before I am on U.S soil again. One week left. One week to be touched and to touch others. Amen....

No comments:

Post a Comment